Monday, August 25, 2014

MMM 8/25/14

Monday Morning Memo!

Just last week I was challenged to take the #ALSIceBucketChallenge by my brother in law, Jon Peila.  I'd heard about the challenge and I even watched a few celebrities do it; however, I didn't have a great idea where it came from. I did know that ALS was a synonym for Lou Gehrig's disease. Lou Gehrig of course is the great first baseman for the NY Yankees of old.  I also knew that once diagnosed the life expectancy was less than five years.

ALS is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects your nerve cells in your brain and the spinal chord.  ALS can include muscle weakness/loss, especially involving the arms and legs, speech, swallowing and breathing.  

I educated myself further after seeing Pete's Challenge on SportsCenter:
You can see our challenge RD 2 HERE The camera guy had technical errors on RD 1....so he says!

Take the challenge! Donate today!



Videos to check out!:

Lou Gehrigs Speech (2 min)

Gov. Kitzhaber accepts the Challenge


Back to School (3 min)

  
Before You Post...T.H.I.N.K. 


Calendar of Future Events:
August 28--Achievement Compact Opens
August 29--Jamie Almanzan@ BHS--8AM
Sept 12--Harney Tech Conference @ BHS
Sept 19--Indistar Training @ Harney ESD
Oct 3-4--CCSS Science, Math, ELA training



Kudos/Citation to the Colorful Principal Gilpin for above blog post information and blog adaptation from http://colorfulprincipal.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment